Types of Books
Thousands of Books to Meet a Variety of Reading Needs
The immense collection of books on Raz-Plus offers numerous avenues to meet your reading instruction requirements for PreK-6. Engaging Leveled Books provide 29 levels of text complexity to support any guided reading program. Other books target phonics, the alphabet, high-frequency words, poetry, vocabulary, and more. Many resources are also available to students in the Kids A-Z student learning environment.
Why Use Raz-Plus Books
Raz-Plus has a vast collection of informational and literary Leveled Books on a wide variety of topics. We also provide books to support foundational skills instruction, helping students build fluency and comprehension as they move on to more complex texts. Lesson plans, teaching tips, worksheets, quizzes, flashcards, literature circle journals, and more accompany many of the books.
Students can also access thousands of books through the Kids A-Z student-learning environment or mobile app anytime they have Internet access, making independent practice easy and fun. The built-in tools and journals allow students to annotate and reflect upon the text, while listen versions model fluency and eQuizzes provide opportunities to demonstrate comprehension.
How to Use Leveled Books
You can quickly download and print any of our books for use in the classroom or to send home with students. The projectable books with built-in interactive tools allow you to effectively engage in whole-class or small-group instruction. Have students practice independently using eBooks, which are easily assignable from the book's thumbnail or landing page. Students can also progress through the levels at their own pace using the Level Up area within Raz-Kids planet on Kids A-Z or read for fun in the Reading Room.
Book Formats and Options
- Printable single-sided or double-sided formats can be printed in color or black and white.
- Built-in tools, including a pen, highlighter, stamp text box, and more, on the Projectable books make small-group or whole-class instruction simple.
- Pocketbook-sized formats save paper and easily fit in a back pocket.
- Wordless versions from Levels aa-J allow students to write their own versions of the book.
- Many books have been translated into various world languages.
- Read and Color version from Levels aa-J can be colored by studnests to teach vocabulary, characters, and more.
- Listen and read eBooks are available for many books, including all leveled books, on the Kids A-Z website or mobile app.
- Kurzweil 3000 formats for ALL leveled books are available with the purchase of Kurzweil 3000 LearnStation software at www.kurzweiledu.com