Ukrainian Translated Leveled Books
Raz-Plus provides high-quality Ukrainian translated books in printable, projectable, and electronic formats. This Ukrainian book collection includes 29 levels of text that progressively increase in difficulty to help students improve their Ukrainian literacy skills. Dual language or bilingual learners can read Ukrainian texts at their level and in their areas of interest anytime with 24/7 Web access to get the practice they need to become better, more confident readers.
Why Use Ukrainian Translated Leveled Books
The Ukrainian Translated Leveled Books are an essential support for students in dual language, bilingual, and immersion programs. The carefully leveled books help emerging bilinguals develop their comprehension and fluency as they become better, more confident Ukrainian readers.
The range of fiction and nonfiction text types ensure that students can find topics that appeal to them while also connecting literacy and content-area instruction.
How to Use Ukrainian Translated Leveled Books
There can be a broad range of reading ability within any group of emerging bilinguals. The guided reading, or leveled reading, instructional approach allows teachers to place students into small groups and provide each group with developmentally appropriate texts. The English lesson plans provide a clear sequence of steps for practicing specific skills and strategies.
The eBooks provide opportunities for independent practice following each guided reading session or anytime a student has access to the Internet through a computer or tablet.
- Kids A-Z management tools allow teachers to provide custom assignments that meet specific student needs.
- Reading Room access through Kids A-Z provides motivation to read a wide variety of books that students can choose from based on their interests.
Ukrainian Translated Leveled Books work well paired with the corresponding English book for promoting literacy development in both languages.
ALL resources that support a book can be found on its homepage.
Ukrainian Translated Leveled Book Formats
Raz-Plus Ukrainian Translated Leveled Books come in different formats to meet independent, small-group, and whole-class objectives.
Printable Books can be used in class or sent home for practice. Color, black and white, single-sided, and double-sided printed options are available.
Projectable Books can be used with digital projectors and interactive white boards. Projectable Book Tips explain how to reach objectives for fluency, vocabulary, comprehension, grammar, and more using the tools provided.
Read eBooks allow students to read silently, whisper read, or record their reading using a headset or a computer�s microphone and our built-in recording tools. Students can send these practice recordings to your Kids A-Z In Basket so you can check their fluency progress. You can also download and save the recordings to your computer as MP3 audio files.
Pocketbooks are the ideal size for students to take home for extra practice.
Wordless books let students use their imaginations by letting them tell their own stories with a book�s illustrations. The Wordless books can also support retellings of the original text from levels aa–J. The Wordless Book Lessons provide suggested skills and strategies.
Leveled Book Support Resources
Leveled Book Lessons
- Leveled Book Lessons combine the content of the Guided Reading Lesson and the Common Core Supplement.
- The Focus Question in the book and in the lesson provides the opportunity for deeper understanding of the text while emphasizing high-order thinking.
- A concise three-page lesson guides the teacher through instruction
- Students use reading strategies and comprehension skills before, during, and after they read.
- Text-dependent questions require students to cite evidence from one or more sections of the text to formulate responses.
- Extension activities build phonological awareness, phonics, and grammar and mechanics skills.
- Book connection activities provide cross-curricular opportunities in writing, art, math, science, or social studies.
Guided Reading Lessons
- A multiple-page lesson accompanies each leveled book.
- Suggested strategies introduce the book and build background before reading.
- Reading Strategies and Comprehension Skills support students while they read.
- Questions promote after-reading discussions and quick skill-lessons build language arts skills, including phonological awareness, phonics, high-frequency words, word structure and meaning, and grammar and mechanics.
- Extension activities link to writing and other curriculum areas, such as math, science, and social studies.
- Comprehension and other literacy skills are supported by up to four worksheets with each lesson.
- Graphic organizer worksheets engage students in the reading process.
Common Core Supplement
The Common Core Supplement plans provide additional focused instructional content to the regular guided reading lessons. These plans support teachers in meeting objectives identified in the Common Core State Standards, such as: academic vocabulary, text-dependent questions, and a constructed response to reading based on a key question. Text-dependent questions require students to cite evidence from the text and are constructed at three levels of analysis:
- Level 1: Students construct an answer using evidence from one place within the text.
- Level 2: Students construct an answer using evidence from several places within the text.
- Level 3: Students construct an answer using evidence from both the text and experience, requiring an inference or conclusion to be made.
Quick Checks for Assessing Leveled Book Comprehension
Available in printable, projectable, and eQuiz format, the Comprehension Quick Check quizzes provide text-dependent questions for an easy way to assess student understanding.
- Multiple-choice questions cover a range of cognitive rigor and depth of knowledge.
- Quizzes at Level C and above (Level H and above for eQuizzes) also include at least one extended or constructed response question. These questions require students to write an answer to an open-ended question using sound reasoning. The questions allow teachers to measure skills that are difficult to assess with multiple-choice questions.
- Quick Check Comprehension Quizzes accompany every leveled book from Level A to Level Z2 and most of the serial books.
Additional eQuiz Information
- Students receive feedback on how well they performed on a quiz and earn different numbers of stars for passing or perfect quizzes. (For a complete list of star awards, see Student Awards & Incentives.) Students can correct or retake a quiz not passed.
- Kids A-Z Skill Reports provide information about skills each student missed on multiple-choice questions and help inform future instruction.
- Quiz correlations to the Common Core State Standards provide additional information about how well students perform according to grade-level expectations.
Discussion Cards support critical thinking, collaboration, and discussion among small groups or entire classes. Many discussion questions focus on text-dependent questions.
Each discussion card is tagged with the specific reading skill it targets. These include such skills as:
- Compare and contrast
- Cause and effect
- Make inferences/draw conclusions
- Analyze and evaluate
Ukrainian Translated Books and Leveling
Raz-Plus English leveled books have been carefully written using stringent guidelines and the proprietary, best-in-class Leveling System to ensure accuracy and consistency.
Ukrainian translators closely review the English Leveling Criteria as part of the translations process, but some books might seem easier or more difficult in Ukrainian than their English level specifies.
Teachers can use the English levels on the Ukrainian books as a reference point, but should use their professional knowledge when determining which Ukrainian Translated Leveled Books are the best fit for individual students.
Ukrainian Translated Leveled Book Lesson Ideas
Each guided reading session takes about 15 to 20 minutes and emphasizes higher-order thinking skills while providing the opportunity for deeper understanding of the text.
Guided reading begins with an introduction of the book and discussion to build background.
Students are placed in similar-ability groups and given developmentally appropriate books to read. The teacher monitors and guides each student�s progress and reading as needed.
Discussion focuses on text-dependent questions which require students to cite evidence from one or more sections of the text to formulate responses.
The English lesson plan can provide ideas or support during instruction of the Ukrainian book.