La vida en Latinoamérica y España / Life in Latin America and Spain
Explore the Spanish-speaking world through the eyes of fictional characters living in these countries. This collection is part of Learning A–Z’s Authentic Spanish Series. Each book in the collection about life in a Spanish-speaking country is offered at three reading levels to support differentiated instruction. Support resources for instruction accompany each individual title.
Why Use La vida en Latinoamérica y España / Life in Latin America and Spain
Learning about and understanding the cultures and experiences of people in different parts of the Spanish-speaking world are an important part of a Spanish dual-language program and an important part of becoming a global citizen. This collection provides students with introductions to a variety of places, peoples, and cultures. Each book within the collection is written at three levels of difficulty, making differentiating instruction easier while fostering multicultural understanding.
Each title is accompanied by book-specific support resources:
- Lesson Plan
- Phonics instruction and Grammar activity
- Comprehension Skill and Reading Strategy instruction and activities
- Introduction to regional words from the Spanish-speaking country with accompanying activity
- Map of the region and a map activity
- Text-dependent Discussion Questions and Content-Area connection activities
- Comprehension Quiz
How to Use La vida en Latinoamérica y España / Life in Latin America and Spain
The variety of resources available in the series allows for flexibility in your instructional approach.
- Follow suggestions in the Lesson Plans that accompany the books for building knowledge or use the instructional tips and worksheets for skill-based instruction.
- Use the Comprehension Quizzes to check for understanding of the text and inform you of students' instructional needs.
- Assign books at the most appropriate reading level for students to read independently.
- Improve comprehension and take readers beyond the text by having them answer the Lesson Plan's text-dependent questions, Discussion Questions, and Focus Questions.
- Have students apply their learning through content-area related activities by responding to the Connections found on the back of each book.
- Build students’ analytical skills by having them compare the different countries or what life is like in different countries within a collection.
- Have students choose a country from the collection to research further and write about.