Response to Intervention (RtI)
An effective RtI program requires a collection of resources that meets the instructional needs of students at multiple tiers.
- Tier 1 Whole-class instruction such as with Projectables, Comprehension Skill Packs, Shared Reading Books
- Tier 2 Small-group instruction such as with Leveled and Multileveled Books and lessons
- Tier 3 Individual, one-to-one instruction such as with Leveled Books, Tutoring & Mentoring Packs
No matter what tier of instruction teachers target, Reading A-Z provides research-based, high-quality resources to effectively meet the needs of their students.
Why Use Raz-Plus for Response to Intervention
Raz-Plus contains a host of helpful resources to provide research-based, high-quality instruction and progress monitoring to struggling students. Resources support differentiating instruction, tiered intervention, motivation, practice, and assessment.
How to Use Raz-Plus for Response to Intervention
1) Differentiated Instruction — For any student struggling to remain in the General Education environment, a critical success factor is having customized, appropriately leveled materials to make clear, measured gains.
- Covering 29 levels of difficulty spanning grades Pre-K to 6 readability, Reading A-Z helps you differentiate instruction with resources such as lesson plans, Reader's Theater Scripts, activity sheets, high-frequency words activities, assessments, fluency passages for timed readings, correlations to state standards, and more.
- For students needing specific instruction on decoding words, the site offers a systematic phonics program with lessons for all the key phonetic elements, decodable books, worksheets, and more.
2) Tiered Intervention — Tiered Intervention is about HOW the teacher interacts with the student. Use our projectable and printable resources to meet all three tiers of instruction: 1) Full class, 2) Small Group, 3) Individual.
3) Motivation — Have students choose Books for you to print and allow them to keep the books for repeated practice. Use our printable Student Reward & Incentives to help build students' confidence and help ensure students make progress.
4) Practice — Use tools such as Projectables for the whole class instruction and printed resources for individual students to ensure access to materials for practice.
5) Assessment — Assess students using our variety of assessment resources, including Benchmark Books & Running Records, Leveled Book comprehension quizzes, and other tools that measure foundational skills or track comprehension and reading rate.
Looking for More RtI Resources?
Find out how the other Learning A-Z sites can help with Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3 intervention.
- Resources for Each TierReading A-Z's resources are designed for use at multiple tiers of instruction.
- Tutoring & Mentoring Packs Comprehension, Fluency, Phonics, and more!
- + Tier 1 & 2 Resources