Spanish Books & Passages
Support Students' Spanish Literacy Development
Raz-Plus provides Spanish resources to meet the needs of students in bilingual and dual language programs. Our Authentic Spanish Books give students authentic experiences with culturally relevant texts. Spanish Leveled Books provide 29 levels of text complexity to support Spanish reading programs and the Spanish Close Reading Packs support students in analyzing text while working with others. Additional resources help beginning Spanish readers and speakers with the alphabet, high-frequency words, and more. Students have access to many Spanish resources in the Kids A-Z student learning environment.
Why Use Spanish Resources
- Choose from among a large collection of translated PreK–5 Spanish Leveled Books to support language skills and acquisition. Spanish Translated Leveled Books are listed at their Spanish reading level with the level of their English counterparts also displayed.
- Pair English-Spanish readers to promote biliteracy using thematic or content instruction.
- Supporting materials build emerging bilingual students’ listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills and promote vocabulary development in the target language.
- A balanced collection of narrative and informational texts builds both literacy and content-area instruction in Spanish.
- Multilevel texts support mixed-level classrooms.
- Authentic Spanish Books provide opportunities for cultural enrichment, increasing fluency and overall comprehension for native and nonnative Spanish speakers.
- High-Frequency Word and Alphabet Books introduce students to the sounds and most common words in Spanish.
- Original Spanish Benchmark Passages provide resources to assess students’ reading behavior and comprehension in Spanish.