Website Accessibility Statement
We meet our customers and learners where they are.
As a core value, Learning A-Z is committed to providing digital, research-based resources and tools to teachers and families that are carefully designed to improve learning for all students. We are inspired to continuously work toward enhancing the accessibility of our products to serve the needs of all learners.
Learning A-Z is taking concrete steps toward the goal of achieving alignment of our products and services with accessibility standards, including Section 508 and WCAG 2.0 and 2.1 A and AA criteria. Technologies and requirements are continually evolving, and compliance with accessibility standards is an ongoing process—not a simple, static, one-and-done exercise. As with all educational technology services and providers, some criteria in some accessibility standards may not be applicable to or currently supported within all of our educational products and services.
Some actions taken to enhance accessibility include, but are not limited to:
- Establishment of a Learning A-Z accessibility team that is responsible for enhancing alignment with accessibility standards by way of executing ongoing testing and review of our products.
- Engaging with respected accessibility consultants to better understand and prioritize improvements to our products to meet all learners’ needs.
- Training of customer service representatives based on best practices and accessibility experts to assist customers with accessibility questions and concerns.
- Enhancements to design systems for our next generation of web and mobile products to improve compliance with current accessibility standards (WCAG 2.0 and 2.1 A and AA) for color contrast, font size and readability, and rules for supporting screen readers and keyboard navigation.
- Enhancements to games and activities based on a review by a recognized accessibility consultant, to enhance the ability of students with disabilities to be able to use them independently.
- Refined our product design, development, and enhancement process to better ensure accessibility checks exist throughout the duration of the product life cycle. This process includes:
- Style Guide – A design system with rules and guidelines for the development of our digital products.
- Checklists – Lists of accessibility requirements to be used in the development cycle by our designers and front-end developers and checked by internal QA department teams.
- Testing/Spot Checks – Internal QA department teams that conduct accessibility testing during release cycles and report issues to project teams.
- Triage/Remediation – procedures designed to better ensure Accessibility issues are evaluated, prioritized, and assigned to team members for remediation and testing.
Raz-Plus has been thoughtfully designed over many years to deliver research-proven, instructional outcomes. As we follow our LAZ 4-Step Program to better align with evolving WCAG standards and Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, we also take care when implementing changes and enhancements to avoid unanticipated negative impacts to our products and functionality that are used and relied on by our school and district customers, and their educators and students.
We passionately support the ultimate goal of making all products as accessible as possible for our teachers and students and look forward to sharing more information as additional enhancements and/or new features are implemented.
Mobile Accessibility Statement
Learning A-Z is dedicated to expanding literacy through thoughtfully designed resources that adapt to every student. To ensure that all can benefit from our award-winning tools and resources, we are committed to accessibility.
What We’re Doing
To enhance the mobile Learning A-Z experience for all, we’ve adopted the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 Level A+AA as our guide. We work with industry-leading accessibility consultants for audits and support, have an internal team dedicated to all things accessibility, test for accessibility as part of our QA process, and continually remediate issues found.
Contact Accessibility Support
We welcome your accessibility questions, comments, and feedback. Please contact us using your preferred method below.
Call Us: 866-889-3729
Email Us: Accessibility@LearningA-Z.com